It’s been more than a week since my last post. Sort of self-imposed social media exile – not on purpose – but I simply was giving my blog and other social media a low priority lately. The upside is I have several things from which to choose that I can share. But before I do, I am overdue for accepting and passing forward a Mystery Blogger nomination from Naughty Nora.
Thank you, Nora, and thank you for following me since just about the beginning, and providing your frequent comments to my posts. You’re #1 in commenting on my posts with 115!
This award was Created by Okoto Enigma to highlight blogs that may be less well-known.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog. Easy! Done!
- List the rules. Well, you’re reading them!
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Done and done!
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. Nailed it!
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself. Keep reading.
- Answer the questions you were asked. Will do!
- You have to nominate 10 people. Wa? Huh? Er? I don’t think I’ll do 10. So, does that mean the MBA committee will revoke my nomination? It’s a chance I’ll have to take.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog. Okay.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question. As if I have to be prompted to be weird!
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
For someone with a ridiculously long About Me section, I can only give 3 things? Okay, how about something different? Here’s three “philosophies” that reveal big parts of me:
- The older I get, the more I understand that it is not only okay to live a life others don’t understand, but finding the confidence to do so is extremely self affirming, rewarding, and fulfilling. (Confidence in revealing yourself, allowing yourself to be vulnerable = amazing feelings).
- An unimaginable array of pleasure and oneness awaits us when we let go of inhibitions, tune into our bodies, trust our partners (be vulnerable to them!), and broaden our ideas about love, compassion, and sex. (Allow yourself to be emotionally vulnerable to your partner).
- There is an amazing power in being present and mindful. Sort of zen-thing, and it is about letting go of intentions and no longer mortgaging the present for the elusive promise of the future. (stuff I shared back in Post 30. I Found my Thrill).
And while perhaps this violates the “rules” as it technically would be a fourth thing, these philosophies were only revealed to me and embraced by me with the advent of my DD three years ago. These philosophies were foreign to the pre-DD Jenny.
Funny, but Mike, Kayla, and I happen to watch “Yes Man” yesterday as it was on HBO. Mike and I both saw it years ago (pre-DD). Watching it now, I really related to the premise of the movie, as my life since adopting DD has been a lot like simply saying “yes” and embracing what life has to offer.
QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED BY NAUGHTY NORA
- What would you say is your most endearing quality?
Ability to empathize. I think this ability is also something I seek out in those that I surround myself with. I believe this is why I have a lot of friends that, on the surface don’t share a lot in common with me (political views, religious views, social views, kinks, various likes and dislikes) yet we find friendship via the mutual respect and fun we have when we get together. Oh, also, I have to mention my endearing quality to be succinct and always follow the rules. Not!!
- What is something about yourself you’d like to change/improve?
I would like to be more present (See #3 in the About me section above). I have made huge strides in this. Unimaginable strides when I look back at it. But it continues to be a work in progress. I have come to realize it is the bedrock of what my DD is about.
- If your house was burning down and you only had time to grab one material possession (let’s assume your entire family & pets are already safely out), what would you save?
Large box of my family photos that include all my childhood family photos
- What is something that makes you feel nostalgic?
Looking through my large box of family photos that include from my childhood.
- Favorite dessert?
Whipped cream, if I get to lick it off off… ahem. Uh, keep it clean Jen. Pumpkin pie, yes, definitely, pumpkin pie. And no, pumpkin is not a nickname for Kayla. Oh well, so much for keeping it clean.
So Nora and I follow and comment on a lot of the same blogs, so I won’t replicate any of her nominations. So if she nominated you, please understand I am not over looking your continued support of my blog.
melwoodblog: a true mystery as he has yet to share via his blog — but from a few emails we have exchanged, it is clear he has lots of interesting and entertaining insights.
jadescastle: I’ve been reading her blog ever since I started mine. Very open and revealing insights into her journey.
kdaddy23’s: I haven’t come across blogs from a bisexual male other than his. Different perspective, different issues and challenges, all addressed in a very open and honest manner.
The Indecisive Writer: Great accounts of various kinky fuckery!
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- When you last sang to yourself (or hummed, if you aren’t the singing type), what song was it? Give details, the name of the song, the artist who recorded it (if you know), and what feeling it evoked in you.
Name three things you and your partner have in common. If not currently in a relationship, then what about with your last partner?
Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a horse?